Haoren (Bass)

I am Haoren, and am the bass for Sounds Easy. Music has always been a part of my life. Before I came to Singapore for my university education,I had ten years of choral singing experience, having been involved in choirs of my primary and secondary schools in Malaysia. During this period, I won a prize during a singing competition. Apart from choral training, I was also trained in piano and pop guitar.

As part of hostel life in university, we were required to join activities, and given my past experiences, I was naturally led to join my hall choir. It was in the choir that I got to know my wife, Jeslyn, who later introduced me to Sounds Easy. Through practices, I realized that I still have a lot more to learn with regard to singing, such as aspects of music theory, breath and diaphragm control. ( I admit I had to “smoke” over sometimes when the parts were difficult...*phew* -_-’’’… haha…) . It was interesting learning new songs with Sounds Easy-apart from mastering my own part, I also got to listen and sometimes learn other parts too.

If you are interested to find out more about my life as a Bass in Sounds Easy, please feel free to contact humanseven@yahoo.com or chaik07@yahoo.com.