Claire (Alto)

An introduction of myself ah...... Okiez! Here goes! *ahem* I'm Claire, one of the singers in Sounds Easy *duh*, and I sing Alto. You can visit http://cangying.blogspot.com/ if you happened to be interested in my hobbies and what activities I'm involved in *thick-skinned*. As for now, I guess I'll talk more about what my blog doesn't say about me *grin*.

Let's see... I started learning classical piano at the age of 10, but stopped when I'm in polytechnic after I failed the Grade 8 exams. So if you use your fingers and toes to count, I actually took nUmeRoUs years to reach Grade 8 *I can't believe it*. Anyway, I guess my love for singing grew from then. I listen, mostly, to songs by Sammi Cheng (郑秀文) and Cheer Chen (陈绮贞) and *shy* my ambition is to be like them *inspired*. So I took up basic singing lessons (in the neighbourhood) but stopped when I started working *busy busy*. My encounter with Sounds Easy started when I was studying in NTU. As the distance between my home *east* and campus *west* is beyond my *very little* tolerance, I stayed in hostel for my study period. We had to change rooms every year, so to keep the room that we want, we had to join ECAs to accumulate points. Of course, I chose the activities that I liked and I only joined those *proud*. One of the activities was hall (our way of saying hostel) choir, and it was from there that I got to know one of the singers, Jeslyn. She was the one who introduced Sounds Easy to me, and so *like an ah-ma telling stories* my adventures with Sounds Easy began. You may ask, why did I join Sounds Easy ~? Honestly, I don't know what the other reason(s) was/were, I only know that I joined because I wanted to sing, and maybe because I want to experience singing with a community singing group ?~ I look forward to going for practice every week, because I can be without stress *except singing* with everyone. No matter how bad the day/week was, I will always feel happier when I think of going for practices. Addicted ~? Maybe.

By the way, I forgot to mention that I'm also in-charge of Sounds Easy's marketing matters. So if you are interested to engage us for your event, please feel free to contact us by either our email or my personal email at claire44(at)gmail(dot)com.